Safari is the ultimate outdoor experience, enabling one to fully embrace the nature surrounding Matomo.
A field guide will tailor your experience and focus on your specific interests. As there is no schedule game drives, you are able to spend as much time as wanted in the bush. Our passionate guide will nourish you with many anecdotes that will stay deep in your mind for long.
EXPERIENCE THE BUSH
- Learn about interaction between African fauna and flora
- Identify tracks and signs
- Observe a pride of lions and meet a herd of elephants
- Spend a day birding
- Drive to the North to see the giraffes in their bushy environment of acacias
- Pair your game drive with a picnic in a lapa (African word for open-side enclosure) in a sumptuous scenery.
Walking safaris offer a different perspective and experience, allowing you to get up close to nature.
On demand you can push the experience to an other level and try a safari walk, plunge into the savannah while being in safe hands and get thrilled to come closer to the wildlife.
Matomo’s unique location allows you to observe the stars without any light pollution.
On request, you have the opportunity to discover with a telescope the deep sky and observe the Milky Way as never before.
Travel back to where it all began 2.3 millions years ago.
Evidence of human activity in the Waterberg stretches back as far as the Middle Stone Age. San Bushmen lived here and their paintings which were protected by the overhanging rocks can still be seen.
After a wonderful safari, relax with a Swedish
massage by our qualified spa therapist.