The lodge has been left unfenced allowing animals to roam freely, offering a truly immersive experience
Matomo Safari Lodge is built directly into the cliff face.
Thoughtfully constructed from locally sourced stone and with beautiful interior finishes the villa overlooks a large dam which offers a stunning view over spectacular landscapes, providing an intimate and exclusive connection with the South African Bushveld.
Matomo was built using the concept of biophilic design which means that the connectivity with the natural surrounding is induced by integrating the outside inside.
The always present view, the enclosed open spaces, the transitional covered pathways, the interior garden, they all invite you to experience physically the nature through your senses. Inside and outside are completely blurred; yet you have a feeling of security, comfort and luxury.
This magnificent lodge offers guests a contemporary vision of the traditional African safari experience.
The modern interiors are luxurious yet comfortable.
- Guests numbers are limited to 10
- 6 luxurious en/suite bedrooms with flat ceilings, king size beds, safes, amenities
- Split air conditioning in all suites
- Heated infinity pool
- Unlimited wifi and smart TV
A uniquely bespoke service including:
- Your own experienced FGASA field guide always on hand to offer game drives and walking trails through the bush, tailored to your interests.
- Personal Chef catering to your specific requirement with simple, fresh, local ingredients, from homemade granola to an elegant 4 course dinner.
- Discreet housekeeping team on hand to respond to all your needs.
- Concierge to facilitate any additional requests from transfers, helicopter flights, to a relaxing massage at the end of the day.